July is coming to an end, which means the new school year is right around the corner. Before your schedule fills up with back-to-school shopping, carpooling and after-school activities, check out our top 5 things you can do in Fort Worth to finish out your summer break.
- Visit Twin Points Park
- Located on the east side of Eagle Mountain Lake, TRWD’s Twin Points Park features a sprawling beach that’s perfect for family fun in the summer, as well as a three-lane boat ramp that is open 24 hours a day throughout the year.
- Be a Treasure Hunter with the TRWD Trinity Trails Geocaching Adventure
- The TRWD Trinity Trails Geocaching Adventure takes individuals and families on a journey throughout the entire trail system to discover hidden gems, historically significant locations and some of the most popular spots along the trails of the Trinity River in Fort Worth, TX. An award waits those clever enough to earn 20 points. It’s perfect for geocaching families, newbies and seasoned “cachers” alike.
- Explore the Outdoor Mural Gallery
- Expand your recreation experience along the Trinity Trails by taking a tour of the Painting the River: A Trinity Trails Mural Gallery. This outdoor gallery features various pieces of artwork on floodgate structures that sit along the Trinity River.
- Go On A River Adventure- Paddling Launch
- Whether you enjoy kayaking or hopping on a paddleboard, the Trinity River provides multiple launch locations to make getting outdoors easy and fun.
- Volunteer for TRWD Trash Bash
- TRWD Trash Bash offers opportunities to make a difference throughout our water supply and floodway system. Join us for the 30th Annual TRWD Trash Bash during the weekend of September 18-19.
It’s been a great summer and we hope you made some amazing memories!