TRWD Flyfest returns to the Clear Fork of the Trinity River on Saturday, March 12 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Come out and enjoy Fort Worth’s Urban Fishing Celebration as TRWD will release 1,800 lbs. of rainbow trout in addition to the nearly 3,000 Texas native fish stocked annually.
There is something to hook everyone! The day will feature expert presentations, Coffee & Caddis fly tying lessons, kids activities, live music, cooking demos by Stefon Rishel of the Trident Restaurant Group, food trucks, wine & craft beer and more. One of the festival’s main attractions will be the Orvis Big Trout Contest where anglers compete to catch the biggest trout or most fish in the time allotted. Open fishing for fly and bait fishing will also be welcomed in designated areas along with a stocked kid fish tank.
Know Before You Go:
- BYOR – Bring Your Own Rod! A limited number of loaner rods will be available onsite the day of the event.
- A fishing license is required for those over 17 years old.
- Support local food and beverage vendors onsite for the event. Card and cash accepted.
- Wear comfortable clothing as this is a partial outdoor event! Hang out in and around the Clear Fork of the Trinity River.
- Tag @TRWDFlyfest in your special moments for a chance to be featured!
For more information on TRWD Flyfest, visit www.trwdflyfest.com